Junior Architects work under the direct supervision of an Architect or Lead Designer, helping to prepare designs, complete construction documents, write up building plans, and assist in the presentation of materials.
- Create detailed plans for the construction project.
- Present drawings and plans for approval.
- Perform feasibility reports and ensure the building is in compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Compile needed blueprints, specifications, and construction reports.
- Study the environmental impacts of the construction process and work to mitigate any environmental risks.
- Aide in the creation of a schedule and budget for the project.
- Work closely with construction managers and workers to ensure the project is completed on time and according to the specified design.
- Must possess pertinent degrees in architecture
- Previous experience is strongly preferred
- Must have excellent people skills
- Must be a keen listener that is able to identify the needs of a project
- Must be able to complete technical drawings that will be used to present a project for approval
- A strong communicator is a necessity
- Up-to-date knowledge of construction and building codes
- Must show strong project management skills and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Must be a strong team player